Throughout February Social Policy students will have access to a range of events and activities especially designed to support career planning and employment skills.
- ‘What’s Next?’ employability conference. 3rd year Social Policy students only. Wednesday 4th Feb 2015 @ The mac. Register here www.birmingham.ac.uk/social-policy/next
- Weekly career guidance drop-in sessions exclusively for Social Policy students. Open to all years. Every Wednesday 1.30pm-3pm, 9th Floor Muirhead Tower, room 911.
- Delivering a knock-out presentation: A masterclass. A how-to guide to giving effective presentations inside and outside the classroom. 1st and 2nd year students only. Monday 9th February 11am -12noon Muirhead Tower, room 710. Register here: www.birmingham.ac.uk/social-policy/masterclass
- ‘Finding Hidden Work Experience’ – A how-to session to support Social Policy students in approaching organisations to ask for an internship or work experience. Open to all years. Friday 13th February 1pm Muirhead Tower, room 415. Register here: birmingham.ac.uk/social-policy/work
- Professional mentors – Want access to a mentor who will help you to build confidence or provide you with insight into a particular career? Come and hear about the University mentoring scheme! 1st and 2nd years only. Wednesday 25th February 1pm Muirhead Tower, Room 427. Register here: birmingham.ac.uk/social-policy/mentors